Sunday, March 27, 2011

my story......meet devin


a short intro about yourself….


My name is Devin Prather. I will be 25 this year in June. I come from a very supportive family that has always told me to follow my dreams and I am doing just that. I am married to my High school Sweetheart, my soul mate and the love of my life . We have been together for 9 years but have been Married for 4 years in April . My Husband is so supportive and loves helping me create and come up with new themes and ideas for my shop.
My husband and I are in the process of trying to adopt our first child.


We have an awesome dog named Lovie who is 6 years old.

What kind of house do you live in? 
We live is cozy ranch style house in a small town. I've got my own working studio in the house now after a couple of years in our out building.

Do you like to spend time on decorating your home and the children’s rooms?
I love Decorating our house. I am currently working on a room for our future little one

Where do you look for interior inspiration, favorite magazines, websites, blogs?
I get a lot of inspiration from magazines but mostly etsy and seeing the creativity that floats around there.

What places in your neighborhood do you like to go to for shopping?
I love shopping everywhere and for everything . I probably visit Hobby Lobby for supplies at least 3 times a week.

How did you get started as a crafter?
I have been crafting all my life .When I was little I always remember my mom crafting . She would always let us help her work on what she was doing. If we would have an idea on a craft project she would be very supportive and teach us how to make the item. She always had little craft projects for us to do. Now, I returned the favor and helped her open an ETSY shop.
How did your hobby become a business?
It started with a greeting card. I started making greeting cards for friends and family and it took off. Someone asked me about party supplies and that was it. My inspiration was the parties my Mom used to plan for me as a little girl. My husband helped me create my business and was supportive in me leaving my job and going for it. It couldn't have worked out better.
 Are you a crafter or DIY person? Crafter

How do you like to celebrate birthdays and other special days in your house?
I love having birthday bbqs and making decorations for the event. It's always a small family gathering but it has to be fun and theme has to go with that person's personality


What are favorite games in your home?
My husband and I love playing Disney scene it , clue, skipbo and any board games we use to play as kids


What are nice activities you can do with your family in your place ? My husband and I love taking days trips to local Restaurants like the ones you see on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. We love trying new things and going to new places. We have found some really awesome spots .


What is your Favorite Movie? I have tons of Favorite movies. I love 80's Brat pack Movies like The Breakfast club , Pretty in Pink but I love Disney and Pixar movies. My Favorite movie from childhood and still is....... The Little Mermaid.


How do they prefer to spend their leisure time?
I love taking walks with my husband and being out side when the weather is nice. I love reading , painting and drawing in my spare time.

What was your favorite thing to do as a kid?
When I was kid my sister and I were always out side riding bikes , drawing with side walk chalk, having tea parties, Camping out in the backyard and Playing dress up


What do you do to refresh?
To refresh and relax I spend time with my family and make new memories


Are you a ‘cook’ or ‘food’ lover or are you the one answering the question “carry-out or delivery”?
I am a Food lover. I especially like to bake. I leave the big meals to my husband who loves to cook a large meal for the two of us.


What kind of place do you like to go to on vacation with and or without the children?
I am a Disney girl at heart. Disney World is definitely my Happy place. My husband and I went to Disney for our Honey moon and I can't wait to take our kids someday. Hopefully soon.


Where is the one place you would like to visit—vacation, tourist trap, off the beaten path—in the future? I would love to go to Paris and to see all the beautiful buildings , art museums and Try different kind of foods.


you can follow my blog at www.ExpressionsByDevin.Blogspot.com
my etsy address is DevinPrather.ETSY.com
you can also fan my shop on facebook @ www.facebook.com/expressionsbydevin









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...